Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shrimp Tacos with Mojo de Ajo


Niall's gone and my parents left shrimp in the freezer. So I went for the non-vegetarian option for dinner tonight. I don't even know why I bother cooking when it's just me.  But I'm glad I did.

Once I happened upon a recipe for Mojo de Ajo from La Cocina De Nathan.  It's some good stuff and is delicious on vegetables, potatoes (in case you don't consider them vegetables), chicken, fish, etc.  It has become a favorite around these parts.

Ingredients

Mojo de Ajo
14 cloves garlic
1/2 small onion
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon oregano
Juice of 4 limes 

Tacos
20 shrimp
1/2 onion
6 corn tortillas
olive oil
salsa
guacamole

To make the Mojo de Ajo, puree all the ingredients in a blender.  I only used part of it for the tacos and saved the rest of the sauce in a jar to use later.


Marinate the shrimp in the Mojo de Ajo for about 20 minutes.


In a skillet,  heat the oil and saute the onions  Add the shrimp and marinade and cook for about five minutes until the shrimp are done.

Serve the tortillas with shrimp, onion, guacamole and salsa.

No comments: