Sunday, July 4, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


We got some Skippy peanut butter and I was reminded how much I like it.  I've been fine with whatever peanut butter I can find in the store, but having a big jar of Skippy is like being a kid again.  To celebrate I made these cookies.  I should have halved the recipe because it made so many!  (I forgot to count, but more than 40.)  But, it's an old standby that has worked pretty well over the years, another one from the Ivory Family Cookbook.

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar + additional to roll the cookies in before baking
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 3/4 c flour
View full recipeCream butter, peanut butter and the sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add salt, soda and flour and mix just until combined. Pour sugar in a bowl.  Roll the dough into balls and then roll in the sugar.  Place on ungreased cookie sheets and press with a fork in a crisscross pattern before baking.


Bake for 10 -12 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

LaModMom said...

You have to try this... I made peanut butter cookies the other day (with chocolate chips of course) and then dropped big balls of dough into a mini-muffin pan. The result was fabulous. Then I tried the same thing with sugar cookie dough and I added a small capful of almond extract and lemon extract to the dough. I've gained 3 pounds!

Bek said...

can i move in with you guys?