Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wired

Oh, adding a whole new room meant so many electronics!  But once they were placed in the room, it meant we really started using the extension.



Except there were so many wires and cables!  (Do you see them hanging down from the TV?)  I knew what needed to be done.  (Drill holes, run the cables behind the plasterboard/dry wall.)  But I was really nervous, and I don't know why.  It took me me a few weeks to get everything together and get the gumption to do it.  And today was the day.

I moved the furniture.





And I had to get the courage to do it, but I finally drilled into the wall near the TV mount with the biggest tip spade drill bit we have.    And then I drilled another one near the outlet.  (I knew where the electrics ran and avoided them!)  I straightened a wire hanger and ran it between the holes.  Then I taped all the cables to the wire hanger and threaded the cables it between the holes.


The result was not very pretty.  And very dusty.


But I'd bought two of these, so it looks much cleaner now.  Also, one is hidden behind the TV and other behind the couch, so you can't see it anyway.


And now?  No more cables running up to the TV.


2 comments:

Sandra Currie said...

Love the TV wires and tea cup rest, well done Mitchy 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

JeffreyEdwards said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Diy Roller Blind