Sunday, September 12, 2010

Momofuku Sour Cream Ice Cream with Miso Butterscotch


Ice cream made from sour cream had me just a bit skeptical.  But it was delicious.  It reminded me of lime ice cream we used to have when I lived in Farmington, Utah.  Niall said the recipe may be in competition with my mom's strawberry ice cream.  (The strawberry recipe is Niall's favorite homemade ice cream.)


Sugar dissolved in water, sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, sour cream and an ice cream maker.  So simple and so good.


The miso butterscotch I didn't try because it has uncooked alcohol in it.  But Niall said it was tasty, it made it seem like there was a biscuit (cookie) with the ice cream.  The shiro (white) miso is baked almost to the point of being burnt, then pureed with equal parts brown sugar, slightly less mirin (that's where the alcohol comes in), some butter and a splash of sherry vinegar.  We have plenty left over if you want any.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That sounds amazing. I've been reading all of these posts and thinking of the Saag Paneer (did I spell it right)sandwich you brought me. Mmm, mmm.