Friday, December 4, 2009

Cleaning with Coke

Dear Lovely Skillet Who Has Served So Well and Been a Part of So Many Meals,

I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm so very sorry for the horrible accident that left you burnt. It was all my fault and I take full responsibility. I am going to do what I can to get you back to your pre-accident condition. And I think all it will take is a little bit of Coke. (I saw it on the TV show How Clean is Your House, so it's bound to work.)

Love,
Me

I really burnt the skillet.


So I placed it on the stove and poured in about 1/2 a can of Coke.


And then let the Coke simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Then I used a wooden spatula to push away the burnt bits the Coke had magically loosened.


I rinsed the pan and it looked much better, but still not good enough.


But after another round of the Coke cleansing, the skillet cleaned-up nicely. I love not scrubbing.

4 comments:

AM said...

This is Amazing! Also! I'm mad! I subscribed to your blog and thought I'd get emails everytime you updated but then I went on today to reread Cinnamon Cupcakes bc I missed you and saw there were millions of new posts (so That actually made me tres happy). But I felt like a bad friend for not responding to each one. This site is a dream bc I can have all my favorite recipes that I ask from u over and over - now i don't have to ask: can u send me the recipe for X again? I lost it.
This Comment should be an Email, huh?

niall and mitch said...

This comment should be a comment.

Unknown said...

That is TOTALLY phenomenal.

. . . said...

Gee Mr. Wizard-
best show yet.