Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Satsuma Cake



Niall asked me to make this cake from Girl Interrupted Eating. He had it at a friend's house years ago and still remembers it. We got ground almonds at the store, but I accidentally only bought 100 grams. Since I can't smell or taste and my brother is here but doesn't eat sweets, I only made 1/3 of the recipe.

Ingredients

2 clementines (or in our case, satsumas)
2 eggs
85 grams sugar (just over 1/3 cup)
100 grams of ground almonds (maybe about 1 cup?)
1 heaping teaspoon of baking powder

Put the satsumas in a pot of water and boil for 20-25 minutes. This step ended up being a problem for me because I didn't put in enough water, left the kitchen, the satsumas burned and I couldn't smell them!


We tried to air out the kitchen and started over.


After successfully boiling the citrus, I drained and chopped into pieces, removing seeds. I put the skins, pith and peel into the blender. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit)



Then I added the eggs and blended. Then added the sugar, almonds and baking powder and mixed some more.

The recipe made six cupcakes. Bake for 25 minutes and remove and cool.



No comments: