Saturday, March 6, 2010

Niall's Tomato Soup


I love soup.  And this tomato soup is one of my favorite.  We've used fresh and canned tomatoes to make it,  canned are better.

Ingredients

1 onion
olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 tsp of green pesto (if you have it)
2 tsp of red pesto
2 c of vegetable stock
1 tsp tomato puree (if you have it)
Basil leaves (or dried basil)
Salt and pepper to taste
View full recipe

Sauté an onion in olive oil and/or butter.  Add a few cloves of garlic and cook a bit longer
Add two cans of crushed tomatoes (we only had whole tomatoes, they worked fine as well.)


Add the pesto, vegetable stock and tomato puree.  Simmer until the soup is the consistency you want (I simmered for about 30 minutes.)


Add some basil (I added a handful-about ten basil leaves.)  Puree (with hand blender if you have one, or in a blender.)


Season to taste and serve.


1 comment:

AM said...

Hey! I commented about this and then it never posted. This was the first thing Niall made me and it changed my life!