Friday, January 8, 2010

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bars


Oh, Cookie Madness is one of my favorite food blogs. I tried Anna's recipe for Peanut Butter Bars, with only a few minor adjustments. (Halved the recipe, used pecans instead of peanuts and we only had unsalted butter so I added a pinch of salt.) I liked them.

Here's the crust all mixed together:


Then pressed into the pan. (The tinfoil is a lifesaver on this one, makes it so easy to get the bars out of the pan.) If we have a square pan, I would have used it instead of the round one.


A make-do double boiler to melt the chocolate and peanut butter.


Topping the baked crust w/the peanut butter and chocolate.



The bars, cooled and ready to remove from the pan.


Cut and serve.

P.S. This is what Niall made for dinner (mash potatoes w/asparagus and green beans.) He said it's called "The Green, Green Grass of Home (Cooking)."




2 comments:

Brecca "VooDoo Child" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brecca "VooDoo Child" said...

I LOVE peanut butter bars... mm mm mmm! I love Niall's culinary creation. Love the cute name of it!