Thursday, January 28, 2010

Frozen Yogurt

Um, this "recipe" is cheating. It's not a recipe-get some yogurt and freeze it.
I'm only posting it because it was delicious.

The typical rule for leftovers is "When in doubt, throw it out."
But a smart, modern lady says "When in doubt, eat it. Either you'll have good food or you'll get sick and lose weight."


I bought loads of yogurt and foolishly did not check the expiration label. The yogurt expired and we still had so much of it. I decided to try freezing it, and used the ice cream maker. Holy cow. Why did I never try this before? It turned out so delicious. And in my mind if the yogurt is frozen, it gets a longer life.

Ingredients
Yogurt (this kind was sweetened)

We had raspberry, strawberry, mango and passion fruit flavored yogurt. I put all of them in a bowl and mixed them together.

Poured the yogurt in the ice cream maker.

Mix until the yogurt freezes.

It was so delicious. A little tart, surprisingly refreshing. Maybe I'll add fruit next time.




4 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

Mitch...you never cease to amaze me with your domestic abilities! Now if only they would rub off on me a little bit! That frozen yogurt looks fab and when I get back to my precious kitchen utilities I am definitely going to try it. Thanks for all the recipes on your blog. I really can't wait to try them all.

Brecca "VooDoo Child" said...

Favorite snippet: "But a smart, modern lady says "When in doubt, eat it. Either you'll have good food or you'll get sick and lose weight."
Oh this is beautiful!

AM said...

I can't wait to show Alisa her quote! And I can't wait to eat this one day!!!!

LaModernGirl said...

I throw all kinds of stuff in the freezer the day it expires or even after it expires... just take a black magic marker to the date so the husband doesn't know...mine kinda looks at those dates. But you are right, my motto is, Eat it, what's the worst case, a little case of the runs and you're 3 to 5 pounds closer to your goal weight. I'll take any headstart I can get! I'm still trying to lose that baby weight! The baby is 7 yrs. old now! JEEZ>>> if only I liked exercise.